Laptop can't connect to verizon fios internet at home
EvaXia

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my wireless computers to the Verizon Fios M1424WR router. The signal is good but there's limited access = no internet. according to the network sharing center the network can't be identified?

How can I fix this? thanks

0 Likes
Re: Laptop can't connect to verizon fios internet at home
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@EvaXia wrote:

Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting my wireless computers to the Verizon Fios M1424WR router. The signal is good but there's limited access = no internet. according to the network sharing center the network can't be identified?

How can I fix this? thanks

The limited or no connectivity status usually means that your computer is not able to pull an ip address from the router for some reason. Usually this means that there was an error when you entered the network password. You can look on your router for the WEP key if you're still using default settings.

If this is correct, then make sure that your laptop is not configured to pull an ip that your router is not set up to assign. It should be set to obtain an ip automatically, but this may have been changed for connection elsewhere. (For instance, a connection for work.)