Laptop won't reconnect to home wireless FiOS connection after using Verizon Wireless connection
xillib1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a laptop that I've had connected to my home FiOS Internet connection without problems in the past. Now, when I leave the house and use my Verizon wireless stick to connect to the Internet and then return home the laptop no longer connects to the home wireless network. Any ideas? I've already:

Rebooted the laptop

Rebooted the router

Viewed the settings for the laptop connection on the router info page

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Laptop won't reconnect to home wireless FiOS connection after using Verizon Wireless connection
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@xillib wrote:

I have a laptop that I've had connected to my home FiOS Internet connection without problems in the past. Now, when I leave the house and use my Verizon wireless stick to connect to the Internet and then return home the laptop no longer connects to the home wireless network. Any ideas? I've already:

Rebooted the laptop

Rebooted the router

Viewed the settings for the laptop connection on the router info page

Thanks.

Hello,

If your internet connection at home is working fine using a wired connection (using an ethernet cable) to the router and you're only having trouble connecting wirelessly, then I would recheck the network settings on your laptop:

http://www22.verizon.com/support/residential/internet/fiosinternet/networking/setup/addwireless/1265...

The important part of this process is ensuring that you're selecting the right network name (SSID) for your home residential wifi network and entering the corresponding encryption key.

If you need additional help, please call Verizon's Technical Support department at 1-888- 553-1555.

0 Likes
Re: Laptop won't reconnect to home wireless FiOS connection after using Verizon Wireless connection
lilhighway
Enthusiast - Level 3

WARNING WARNING VERIZON DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO SECURE A WIRELESS CONNECTION!!!!!!!! USING DEFAULT SETTINGS ON THE BACK OF THE MODEM IS NOT SECURE HERE ARE SOME SECURE PASSWORDS https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm FYI YOU WANT A PASSWORD TO BE ATLEAST 25 CHARACTORS LONG AND IF YOU CAN USE WPA2

0 Likes