Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns

Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns

SOLVED
Highlighted
travisp
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(1,916 Views)

Not pleased right now. The latest firmware update to the G1100 1.40.10.1 has removed the entry for zoneedit under dynamic dns. Can someone explain this decision? I have used zoneedit for almost 10 years with Verizon, and for it to be pulled without explanation is irritating. I hate the fact that I cannot locate a change log either. In today's day and age people do publish change logs!! Anybody willing to respond?

3 REPLIES
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 2 of 4
(1,903 Views)

This is a peer to peer forum.

So unfortunately you won't see a Verizon response.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
travisp
Contributor

Must share for anyone else whom may have been effected by the recent omission of the zoneedit entry as a provider under the Dynamic DNS settings. I had the pleasure of working with team members from zoneedit and easydns, after they saw my post a couple weeks ago. I can confirm that there is a fix thanks to zoneedit and easydns.

From the Advanced settings of the router select Dynamic DNS >

Edit the current you had for zoneedit >

Select easydns.com from the Provider: dropdown >

Append a ze-- to your current zoneedit username >

Click Apply and within a minute or so you should now have a status of updated.

Hope this helps others. Cheers!

JBoy53
Copper Contributor

ze-- doesn't work.  Zonedit site says to submit a Verizon trouble ticket to help them get Zoneedit re-added to Quantum Gateway.

My Rewards+
Start earning points Enrolling in My Rewards+ is quick, free and easy

Refer A Friend
Refer friends to the Verizon Fios Family, and earn 10,000 My Rewards+ points
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios