Customers With Disabilities

quick menu

Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns

Message 1 of 4 (928 Views)

Not pleased right now. The latest firmware update to the G1100 1.40.10.1 has removed the entry for zoneedit under dynamic dns. Can someone explain this decision? I have used zoneedit for almost 10 years with Verizon, and for it to be pulled without explanation is irritating. I hate the fact that I cannot locate a change log either. In today's day and age people do publish change logs!! Anybody willing to respond?

3 REPLIES
MVP

Re: Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns

Message 2 of 4 (915 Views)

This is a peer to peer forum.

So unfortunately you won't see a Verizon response.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Contributor

How to Resolve FiOS-G1100 Router firmware 01.04.00.10 ZoneEdit DynamicDNS Omission

Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)

Must share for anyone else whom may have been effected by the recent omission of the zoneedit entry as a provider under the Dynamic DNS settings. I had the pleasure of working with team members from zoneedit and easydns, after they saw my post a couple weeks ago. I can confirm that there is a fix thanks to zoneedit and easydns.

From the Advanced settings of the router select Dynamic DNS >

Edit the current you had for zoneedit >

Select easydns.com from the Provider: dropdown >

Append a ze-- to your current zoneedit username >

Click Apply and within a minute or so you should now have a status of updated.

Hope this helps others. Cheers!

Copper Contributor

Re: How to Resolve FiOS-G1100 Router firmware 01.04.00.10 ZoneEdit DynamicDNS Omission

Message 4 of 4 (442 Views)

ze-- doesn't work.  Zonedit site says to submit a Verizon trouble ticket to help them get Zoneedit re-added to Quantum Gateway.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Check Email
  • Add or Change Services
  • Suspend My Service
  • Manage Services

Support

Watch Fios