Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns
travisp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not pleased right now. The latest firmware update to the G1100 1.40.10.1 has removed the entry for zoneedit under dynamic dns. Can someone explain this decision? I have used zoneedit for almost 10 years with Verizon, and for it to be pulled without explanation is irritating. I hate the fact that I cannot locate a change log either. In today's day and age people do publish change logs!! Anybody willing to respond?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
How to Resolve FiOS-G1100 Router firmware 01.04.00.10 ZoneEdit DynamicDNS Omission
travisp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Must share for anyone else whom may have been effected by the recent omission of the zoneedit entry as a provider under the Dynamic DNS settings. I had the pleasure of working with team members from zoneedit and easydns, after they saw my post a couple weeks ago. I can confirm that there is a fix thanks to zoneedit and easydns.

From the Advanced settings of the router select Dynamic DNS >

Edit the current you had for zoneedit >

Select easydns.com from the Provider: dropdown >

Append a ze-- to your current zoneedit username >

Click Apply and within a minute or so you should now have a status of updated.

Hope this helps others. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Re: Latest G1100 firmware removed Zoneedit from dynamic dns
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer forum.

So unfortunately you won't see a Verizon response.

How to Resolve FiOS-G1100 Router firmware 01.04.00.10 ZoneEdit DynamicDNS Omission
travisp1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Must share for anyone else whom may have been effected by the recent omission of the zoneedit entry as a provider under the Dynamic DNS settings. I had the pleasure of working with team members from zoneedit and easydns, after they saw my post a couple weeks ago. I can confirm that there is a fix thanks to zoneedit and easydns.

From the Advanced settings of the router select Dynamic DNS >

Edit the current you had for zoneedit >

Select easydns.com from the Provider: dropdown >

Append a ze-- to your current zoneedit username >

Click Apply and within a minute or so you should now have a status of updated.

Hope this helps others. Cheers!

Re: How to Resolve FiOS-G1100 Router firmware 01.04.00.10 ZoneEdit DynamicDNS Omission
JBoy53
Enthusiast - Level 3

ze-- doesn't work.  Zonedit site says to submit a Verizon trouble ticket to help them get Zoneedit re-added to Quantum Gateway.

0 Likes