Switch Account

Latest & Fastest Router

Latest & Fastest Router

Highlighted
Contributor jgioeli
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(3,019 Views)
I have Quantum but very unhappy with my MI424WR Rev F performance. Is there a more up to date router from verizon/actiontec that I should be using, or should I move away to something else? I work from home occasionally and I want better performance for Lync, Skype, VOIP, etc without having to setup QoS and traffic shaping to start.
2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V
Message 2 of 3
(3,012 Views)

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Rev I. is the latest.  It has more memory, a faster processor and GigE wired ports.  It is 802.11n vs. 802.11g on the rev F.  This bumps WiFi from 54Mbps to 130Mbps.  Range, however, takes a hit.  You can read the details here:

http://www.actiontec.com/41.html

You can buy it here for $74.99:

https://teleproducts.verizon.com/fios/index.cfm/eh/ShowCart

Enjoy.

-----
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 3
(2,964 Views)

Or buy something better that supports 5ghz band and 802.11AC.  Note even the latest Verizon actiontec only supports the 2.4ghz band with 802.11b. 802.11g, or 802.11n.  Note if using FIOS TV you will probably need to keep the Actiontec router as well.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.