Latest fios router
arredondosha

IM having signal strength with my fios router it doesn't get good signal upstairs it drops connection , its 9100EM  I use to use my old router which was draft N  and it never had issues , but I sold it when I got fois, and the model I have now is only B + G. Does Verizon have a newer model with N... So I can get signal upstairs also. If yes what is the newest model.

0 Likes
Re: Latest fios router
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Verizon has newer models,  they have a pre 2009 draft n router, which isn't fully n compliant, but better than the "b and g" that is out right now.  but marginally better.

problem is, that you can't request one from verizon, because their system only says "router and qty" 

it doesn't say rev a, rev b,   g router, n router. or anything like that.   So when you get a router shipped to you, it's luck of the draw.  

The "true" n router isn't available yet,    it is an actiontec rev G,   I have seen three people with it, but I heard that it is only avail in very limited quantity's.  

TEW-637AP has been on sale for as low as  24.99 but that sold out really fast (really nice router, a lot of people want it)    keep an eye out for it, or get a different wireless n router.  OR you can try your luck with the verizon router and getting a new one sent and crossing your fingers that you get rev f (partially wireless n compliant, missing the dual radio and you'll probably max around 65Mbps. or rev G fully n compliant)   

Re: Latest fios router
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@arredondosha wrote:

IM having signal strength with my fios router it doesn't get good signal upstairs it drops connection , its 9100EM  I use to use my old router which was draft N  and it never had issues , but I sold it when I got fois, and the model I have now is only B + G. Does Verizon have a newer model with N... So I can get signal upstairs also. If yes what is the newest model.

Should have just connected THAT router behind the VZ router

The router that VZ gave you works, they won't give you a replacement unless it doesn't and even then there is very little guarantee that what they give you is wireless-n.