Lied to by Verizon customer service representative
Dw195

I have only been using Verizon fios for a week and I am already appalled by the horrible service that I have received.

I have been lied to by A Verizon customer service representative, and extra fees amounting to $100 to the account that we were previously told would be waived. 

The setup process of my Verizon internet was extremely difficult. Due to complications with Verizon's ability to verify my apartment location, I was left waiting for hours and passed around to different sales representatives over the phone. During the set up process, I told the service representative that I wished to go to a competitor because I didn't feel that using Verizon was worth the hassle.

It was then that the Verizon representative offered to waive my internet installation fee in order to keep me on the phone. She was very friendly and promised me that my 100$ installation fee would be waived. As of right now, it is still on my bill.

I have tried contacting customer service to fix this, but to no avail. I want the fee taken off of by fios bill. I deeply regret my decision to stick with Verizon as my intern

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Verizon customer service representative
jonjones1
Legend

@Dw195 wrote:

I have only been using Verizon fios for a week and I am already appalled by the horrible service that I have received.

I have been lied to by A Verizon customer service representative, and extra fees amounting to $100 to the account that we were previously told would be waived. 

The setup process of my Verizon Internet was extremely difficult. Due to complications with Verizon's ability to verify my apartment location, I was left waiting for hours and passed around to different sales representatives over the phone. During the set up process, I told the service representative that I wished to go to a competitor because I didn't feel that using Verizon was worth the hassle.

It was then that the Verizon representative offered to waive my Internet installation fee in order to keep me on the phone. She was very friendly and do not say the service is bad promised me that my 100$ installation fee would be waived. As of right now, it is still on my bill.

I have tried contacting customer service to fix this, but to no avail. I want the fee taken off of by fios bill. I deeply regret my decision to stick with Verizon as my intern

You expect fios to say OK we know you want to go to a competitor and we will give you a $90 waive of the installation fee? You don't say the service is bad but simply want to cajole Verizon out of a legitimate instillation fee. 

If you were promised the removal of the fee ($90) there would have been a verifying email or I would not expect that credit. You state because of an issue not of fio's fault  "Due to complications with Verizon's ability to verify my apartment location, I was left waiting for hours and passed around to different sales representatives over the phone" It does not mean that you were waiting for days, weeks, or months but a few hours and you are appalled?

You have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and just call 1-800-VERIZON and terminate your service under that provision. I believe they will absorb the charges.

For the record fios is the best anyone could get. There are still people waiting years just to have Verizon put the service in their areas.  My advice is to call them again, don't use threats or say how appalled you are or any negative tones and they may waive the install fee (By the way if you order over the net the install fee most times is showed as waived) then have them send you an email verifying the change.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Verizon customer service representative
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Dw195,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes