Line is down, web support is no help
BoruRR

Hi, How do we report a line down? As in the FiOS cable is sitting on the ground.

Website just keeps giving me the run around,

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Line is down, web support is no help
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's Telephone Support should do the trick. Just report to them that the Fiber line has fallen down and they should be able to send a tech out to place it back where it should be.

0 Likes
andyworl

I would be surprised if that line goes up within the next 9 months. I have a Verizon line down in my backyard (no Verizon services other than wireless phones) now for 9 months.

I have called and reported it...for, well, 9 months. I had to relocate from my home for 2.5 months because Dominion had to determine if it were their line. 

I hooked the line up to the secondary line with the hook. I was instructed to do this with a verizon operator...to whom I mentioned if I die, I want you to witness it.

The line came down on my head today. I called the State Corporation Commission of VA - they deal directly with Verizon Residential. No one from VZ called me after the SCC called them. I reported the downed line as an emergent call with VZ tonight. They said it was 'hazardous' and to stay away from it. Never got a ticket number. THEN I called the non-emergency police line who dispatched the fire dept. They confirmed there were amps running throught this old VZ line and I should not mess with it. I would receive a shock - probably not fatal - but injury would occur. 

I called back VZ demanding to have a time frame as I have already had to move out of my house and now I have to miss work (my dogs are not going outside). They said between 8-5. For a hazardous situation, that was deemed hazardous by the first representative and the Fire Dept???? 

the representative in tech, JONATHAN (if I recall correctly) was rude and demeaning. He actually said "IT IS NOT ELECTRIFIED- I KNOW VERIZON CABLE AND THE TECHNOLOGY HAS NOT CHANGED IN THE PAST 8 YEARS."  That is not good news for Verizon Fios subsrcibers. Then he told me the same things over and over again...I told him I would have the SCC complaint and the FERC pole to pole agencies look into this (probably levying a heavy fine). Then I asked his name and he hung up on me.

Now I have been on hold for 20 mins...

THANK YOU VERIZON RESIDENTIAL...for the outstandting customer service, care, due diligence and negligence you have provided.

@Smith6612 wrote:

Verizon's Telephone Support should do the trick. Just report to them that the Fiber line has fallen down and they should be able to send a tech out to place it back where it should be.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Andyworl,

I apologize for the repeated troubles and hassles this has caused you to go through. We will definitely take care of this. I have sent you a private message to get more information from you regarding the location.

0 Likes