Link to Free Online backup, where is it?
BrooklynGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Listed on my service page is "Free Tools" under the Fios Internet Information. When I click the link I am taken to this page

http://my.verizon.com/central/vzc.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=vzc_main_freeTools

On that page it list Verizon Online Backup and Sharing. It says I can automatically back up my pictures etc. But when I click to lern more and get the service, it says its 10 - 15 a month. Where is the free verison? Link please

0 Likes
Re: Link to Free Online backup, where is it?
tns
Master - Level 2

Tool is free.  But having backup storage is not.

0 Likes
BrooklynGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not what the webpage implies. 

If you list a service under "Free Tools" all of it's free, but even so you can't even download the application it uses. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Not what it shows when I click on it.  It offers services for an additional fee, which in my case would be too expensive for the amount of storage I would Need.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

at www.verizon.net/freetools it lists it as a free download, and then when you click, it redirects you to a purchase only page.  

So I remember this being free months ago, and I downloaded it (didn't have much use for it, so I got rid of it) but it was the smaller 250 mb free deal.   if i wanted more space then there was a charge - or if I wanted the antivirus there was a charge for it with a bundle offering.       

0 Likes
BrooklynGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The link I posted in my 1st post is the "Free Tools" Page. Everything on there should be free according to verizon. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

Just because you think they should be free doesn't make it so.  I think only some tools on that page includes free service, all the rest require you to pay for service.

0 Likes
BrooklynGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

So then why tell me they are free? Do you not understand or are you on Verizons payroll?? Verizon is telling users the service is free, and after they want to get the service are told it's a pay service. 

Let me break it down for you since you seem to not understand or not want to understand. 

You login to your account, and you see the below image, and click the circled link. Not sure in your world but in my world "Free tools" means no payment required for the tools. That link takes you to the link in my first post. So Yes VERIZON is telling me and everyone else that service is FREE, and there is no notation stating otherwise. 

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

nope just another customer.

You obviously know by now the tool is free but the service isn't.  I think you get it "free" as part of their VISS bundle.

0 Likes