List of allowed & blocked websites for cookies deletes itself - IE 7.0.5713.30 XP HE
goodmanhome

My list of websites to always allow and always block cookies deletes itself dailey or even more frequently. 

This is an issue that has only come up since upgrading to FIO.  I'm one of those people who actually likes to be prompted when going to a website to allways allow or always block cookies from particular websites.  I'm running IE. 7 with all the latest updates and service packs.  I'm also running XP HE with all the updates and service packs.  I've looked on every memo in IE 7 trying to figure out what was changed with the FIOS install.

Any idea?

Thank you,

GoodmanRockville. 

0 Likes
Re: List of allowed & blocked websites for cookies deletes itself - IE 7.0.5713.30 XP HE
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
While I do not have IE7, let's check..

In IE go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy

#1 What is it set to (medium, medium high)?

#2 Go to Advanced, in there. Is over ride automatic cookie handling - checked?

#3 If not, go to Sites. Are there any sites listed as Always Allow OR Always Block?

0 Likes
Re: List of allowed & blocked websites for cookies deletes itself - IE 7.0.5713.30 XP HE
goodmanhome

Sorry DSLR, I should have mentioned that all the IE settings are just as they were before the change over to FIOS.  In other words all your suggested settings were in place.  I'm at Medium-High, Over-ride on cookie handling, etc.  And yes there is sometimes a list of sites always block or always allow.  That's the problem.  The list will disappear frequently.  In other words overnight or during the day.  I turn my computer off quite a bit if that is significant. 

So every day or miore I have to restart with the manual accepting or blocking of cookies.  I haven't figured out what change happened at the FIOS install that caused IE 7 to start deleting the list of sites. 

Thanks again.  I know this is a pain trying to trouble shoot through postings.

GoodmanRockville.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
#1 At this location are there any kids, parents, sisters, brothers, co-workers that live/work there?

#2 Is this computer in a common place? This means for example, not in your bedroom/office?

#3 Is your computer password protected? This means for example, if some one turns on this computer they will be at least asked for an user name and password.

#4 Is it your computer? This means for example, it does not belong to your work place (or anyone else).

#5 Did you install any of Verizon's software on this computer?
0 Likes
goodmanhome

This is the family computer.  It is not password protected.  I believe there was some Verizon software installed however I have not activiated any software including virus protection.  There are Verizon icons on my desktop, but I haven't worked with any of them.  Also the IE7 does NOT  show "verizon" at the top.  This problem with the accept and block list being deleted daily started exactly with the changeover to FIOS.  No other changes have been made and it is highly unlikely that any of the kids made any change to effect this problem. 

What's next? 

Thanks

Goodmanrockville

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader
Very strange.

#1 Do you have an anti-virus program on your computer?

#2 Do you have any anti-spyware programs?

#3 Do you update them, (program and database) often?

#4 Do you scan files/programs before installing/running for the first time?

#5 What software firewall is on your computer? By default on Windows XP, this is the firewall built into Windows.