Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Login problem with MI424WR router

VikingDweller
Contributor
Contributor

Login problem with MI424WR router

Message 1 of 2
(1,134 Views)

I am trying to login to my router, but am having password trouble.  I used admin for the name and tried password and my serial number and several other things for the password.  I noticed that when I type in the password field, several asterisks are put in for every letter I type.  Almost like there's an echo turned on, but it is not always the same number of *s.  None of my login attempts work, I assume because I can never actually get the right password into the field.  I have tried copy and paste from notepad, but that still puts in about 15 *s for an 8 letter password.  I did a hard reset.  No change.  I use Chrome browser, but tried in IE.  No change.  I am using Windows Vista, SP2.  I am doing this wireless also, not via ethernet cable.  Any ideas?  Thx.

1 REPLY 1
tns
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Login problem with MI424WR router

Message 2 of 2
(1,130 Views)

You can ignore the number of characters coming up.  Thats just a "security" feature designed to confuse anyone who might watch you as you try and enter a password.

If you did a hardware reset on the MI424WR then the password is probably reset to "password".  All lower case.  It should then ask you to pick a new id and password for Administrating. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title