Looking for the router log that shows incoming traffic and blockings
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I may be having a "senior moment" but for the life of me I can't find a log that shows incoming traffic and blocked traffic on a Westell 9100 router.

I'm sure I've seen one in the past but no longer can find anything that shows those details.  Can anyone point me to how to display that log. 

I'm trying to emulate the VPN connection that poster Stephan queried a couple of days back and I keep getting a connection refused and I want to see if it's my vpn client setup that's wrong or if the traffic is even reaching my router.

0 Likes
Re: Looking for the router log that shows incoming traffic and blockings
prisaz
Legend

@viafax999 wrote:

I guess I may be having a "senior moment" but for the life of me I can't find a log that shows incoming traffic and blocked traffic on a Westell 9100 router.

I'm sure I've seen one in the past but no longer can find anything that shows those details.  Can anyone point me to how to display that log. 

I'm trying to emulate the VPN connection that poster Stephan queried a couple of days back and I keep getting a connection refused and I want to see if it's my vpn client setup that's wrong or if the traffic is even reaching my router.

Did you look under firewall setting and in the left sidebar? You may have to adjust settings to show what you want. The log is not very large and can roll over quickly.

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Guess I am getting old, was looking in the advanced section at system logs.

Yes, that's the one I wanted, was looking under the advanced section at system log.

Don't see source client though, will have to look later, kind of urgent that I get some snow tires mounted today.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@viafax999 wrote:

Don't see source client though, will have to look later, kind of urgent that I get some snow tires mounted today.

From the Security Log page, click on the Settings button at the top.

Select Accepted Incoming Connections and/or Accepted Outgoing Connections.

The log will fill very quickly though.  You may want to run a SYSLOG daemon to capture the events.

You can find instructions for configuring the router to talk to a SYSLOG server here: Configuring a SYSLOG server