Loose Internet and phone connection DAILY
scully
Enthusiast - Level 1
Has any one had issues with their internet AND phone service going out for hours DAILY. I have even tried to coordinate the outtage with something I am doing, but have nothing to base the outtage on. I have yet to have full service for a single day. I have contacted verizon at least 6 times (I have had fios less than a month) - Billing issues - additional charge issues When I call on my cell regarding phone and internet down - I am told the internet must be up for them to run diagnostics. ???? Anyone have these issues?
0 Likes
Re: Loose Internet and phone connection DAILY
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1
You have to remember, you're dealing with Verizon.......  Customer service is not a priority for them. I called in a trouble report last week and they never called me back. 
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Scully,

Something doesn't sound right here.   The Fsc has the ability to see your Ont and your router from their office regardless of internet activity.  They have a full set of diagnostics they can run and if they can't resolve the issue from the office they generally dispatch it out to a field tech.

Contact them at 1-888-553-1555   When the recorded message come on, key in your telephone number.  When it starts asking you options...say the word "Agent"  to bypass all the hoopla...

scully
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the information. 

On my 2nd attempt to contact verizon - I called from my cell.  The helpdesk person at verizon requested my cell and home phone number while they did trouble shooting.  I lost cell connection and never received a call back.

I came home from work 1/19/09 to the same issue... no service until after 6. 

0 Likes