Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Loose Internet and phone connection DAILY

scully
Contributor
Contributor

Loose Internet and phone connection DAILY

Message 1 of 4
(6,744 Views)
Has any one had issues with their internet AND phone service going out for hours DAILY. I have even tried to coordinate the outtage with something I am doing, but have nothing to base the outtage on. I have yet to have full service for a single day. I have contacted verizon at least 6 times (I have had fios less than a month) - Billing issues - additional charge issues When I call on my cell regarding phone and internet down - I am told the internet must be up for them to run diagnostics. ???? Anyone have these issues?
3 REPLIES 3
alanm47
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Loose Internet and phone connection DAILY

Message 2 of 4
(6,702 Views)
You have to remember, you're dealing with Verizon.......  Customer service is not a priority for them. I called in a trouble report last week and they never called me back. 
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 3 of 4
(6,697 Views)

Hi Scully,

Something doesn't sound right here.   The Fsc has the ability to see your Ont and your router from their office regardless of internet activity.  They have a full set of diagnostics they can run and if they can't resolve the issue from the office they generally dispatch it out to a field tech.

Contact them at 1-888-553-1555   When the recorded message come on, key in your telephone number.  When it starts asking you options...say the word "Agent"  to bypass all the hoopla...

scully
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(6,684 Views)

Thank you for the information. 

On my 2nd attempt to contact verizon - I called from my cell.  The helpdesk person at verizon requested my cell and home phone number while they did trouble shooting.  I lost cell connection and never received a call back.

I came home from work 1/19/09 to the same issue... no service until after 6. 

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title