Losing Internet Past 3 Night
grimsiine

Every night ranging from 10pm to 12am the internet goes out and the router light turns yellow. The past two days in the morning I’ve been able to reset the ONT and the router and eventually get it working again after a couple attempts. Tonight it went out again and I’ve tried every step to reset with ONT, the router and followed every step on the fios app. I even tried to use a different router and it still showed no internet connection coming through. I’m hoping it comes back for my law exam tomorrow but I can’t keep having this happen and when I try to schedule a tech visit they’re not available till later this week. Any suggestions or ideas to try? Going to hopefully get tech support to have someone come first thing if possible. 

0 Likes
Re: Losing Internet Past 3 Night
grimsiine

Update - Connection came back again this morning after multiple attempts at rebooting. Contacted support and they did some tests and found that my ONT is not getting the proper signal strength, which is also probably why I currently do not have an IPv6 connection. I took a look at the fios box outside and found that fios cable that runs into the house seems to have lost some of the coating at the plug. Considering trying to just put some tape on it and see if that helps till the tech can come. 

0 Likes
Re: Losing Internet Past 3 Night
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@grimsiine wrote:

Contacted support and they did some tests and found that my ONT is not getting the proper signal strength, which is also probably why I currently do not have an IPv6 connection.

Poor optical signal strength can be a lot of factors contributing to it. OLT, transmission line, passive splitters, optical connectors, and even your ONT can all be potential issues. The poor signal strength is a physical layer issue. IPv6 resides within the network layer. I don't think that's the reason for you don't get IPv6. Anyway, Verizon only rolls out IPv6 for testing purposes at limited regional distribution centers.