Lost Customer, where and whom do I go to for support!
jbbrown

I don't know where to begin, I upgraded to the new 35/35 and not even getting close to that speed 4-9Mbps if I am lucky. Looking at the support and live chat options Oregon is no longer listed. Who do I talk to get some support for this ultra-slow connection. My old connection rocked when it said 20/5Mbps, I got 20/5 with no problem and support was awesome. When trying to access other support tools on-line most hang or are unresponsive.

So I did a little researching. Verizon sold FIOS Internet in my state to Frontier Communication, awesome I go from a highly ranked J.D. Power and Associates to a poorly ranked. If this is the level of overall service I am going to get, I guess the next two years are going to be awful.

How can I get my service back up and running?

Thank you

Joshua

Gresham, OR

0 Likes
Re: Lost Customer, where and whom do I go to for support!
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Oregon and Washington no longer have the ability to use the online contact info. So no live chat or anything like that. But you can still call 1-888-553-1555 (make sure you enter your phone number) and you will be routed to the Oregon support. Be ready, the wait is really long.

Or just use the boards here. A lot of the time we can help each other without having to resort to tech support.

For slow speed issues, there are several things to try.

1st make sure that you are using a wired connection, not wireless. You will never see your 35 speed on wireless.

2nd reboot your router (power off for 30 seconds)

3rd reset your router. With the router powered on, hold the reset button in the back for 15 seconds

4th make sure that the computer is optimized. Use the speed optimizer here  http://www2.verizon.net/help/fios_settings/optimizer/

Then if none of these work, let us know and the people here on the board will see if there is anything else that can be done before resorting to calling Verizon/Frontier

0 Likes