Lost WiFi after service repair
Stalag13

So I had to have a technician come in to replace my ONT box due to majority of my TV channels being pixelated. Before the technician arrived, he called to let me know he had to go to the Verizon hub to shut down my service in order to come make the repair. He showed up, replaced the ONT, waited for verizon on their end to do whatever they needed to do and my tv channels were working again as normal.

However, since that day, I have not had any WIFI in my home. When I try to access it, it says connectd but no internet. The WAN light on the router is not lit up green. Any suggestions/solutions??

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost WiFi after service repair
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get rid of the Actiontec, it's out of support and is a security risk.  If you don't want to buy or rent their latest router, get a used G1100.

If you don't want to run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router, contact them and have them switch the ONT to MoCA WAN.

Note that if you can get an Ethernet cable installed, you'll be able to upgrade to faster speeds without any upgrade fee.  You may even be able to get a better price as the old plans can cost more than current deals on the higher speed packages.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to the forums.  You're talking to other customers here.

Questions:

• Is the guide working on your set-top-boxes?
  • What speed internet service do you have?
  • What model router do you have?
  • Is an Ethernet cable plugged into the WAN port on the router?
  • Is an Ethernet cable plugged into the ONT?  If so, is it the same cable plugged into the ONT?

I ask these questions because my guess is you're on an older plan that uses coax WAN.  When your ONT was upgraded, I'm guessing they provisioned it for Ethernet WAN by mistake, as that's the default now.  That would prevent internet from working if you were on coax WAN.  The above questions will help me determine if that's the case.  If it is the case, you'll either have to run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router, or contact Verizon support and have them switch you back to coax (MoCA) WAN.

My guess could be wrong, but the more data you provide the better the guesses get.

Or, you can contact Verizon and have them figure out the issue and fix it.

Stalag13

The guide works on one of the two TVs we have.

I have no idea what our speed is.

I have the Actiontech which is Coax

There is not an ethernet coed plugged into the router

After reading what you wrote, I believe you assumption is correct.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get rid of the Actiontec, it's out of support and is a security risk.  If you don't want to buy or rent their latest router, get a used G1100.

If you don't want to run an Ethernet cable from the ONT to the router, contact them and have them switch the ONT to MoCA WAN.

Note that if you can get an Ethernet cable installed, you'll be able to upgrade to faster speeds without any upgrade fee.  You may even be able to get a better price as the old plans can cost more than current deals on the higher speed packages.