Lost WiFi and Now My Password Doesn't Work
foxtrot72

i was using my wifi  with my phone all of a sudden i lost it now my phone can't find wifi anymore and my password doesnt work  anymore even though its the same one

0 Likes
Re: Lost WiFi and Now My Password Doesn't Work
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is that the only device that can't connect?

5G and 2.4G?

Have you tried rebooting router and phone?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@foxtrot72 wrote:

i was using my wifi  with my phone all of a sudden i lost it now my phone can't find wifi anymore and my password doesnt work  anymore even though its the same one

On the device under WiFi connections just say forget this network. Turn the phone off.

go to your router, unplug it. Then wait for 20 seconds or more. Plug it back in. Then after it’s fully up and stable, turn on your phone. Wait for the phone to fully boot up.

go into WiFi again and see if the connection is back. If so click it, put in password when asked. Make sure the password is exact. Uppercase or lower case etc. click connect 

you should now be on.

please note Verizon’s Quantum router is having huge issues with the 5 Ghz band and that may be knocking you off the network.

0 Likes
martinb182

Rebooting did work for me, but this can’t be the permanent solution. This has happened twice to me this week where, after doing nothing on my own, all devices are randomly disconnected from Gateway router until I unplug and restart. Aside from the annoyance of Alexa and other devices being disconnected, we have vital smart home components like water leak detectors that are not actually providing the protection we depend on when the router just randomly stops working.

and it’s just WiFi cause we can still stream to our TV which is hard wired. 

0 Likes