SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Lost my network lock!

Message 1 of 3
(505 Views)

Hi everybody!

I downloaded In-House Agent to change the password on my router, and when I did so, I lost my network lock.

I have an Actiontec MI424-WR WEP exncryption.  I received an email from Verizon to change my security to WPA2, but it didn't give me the option of doing so.  I thought that by changing my WEP KEY Password, it would suffice,  Guess not.  I guess it goes without saying, that I am a novice at this sort of thing.

Should I just go back in and put the information in that I had before, or what?

Another thing: when I try to type in my user name and password (to get into the router) everytime I type the password, it keeps adding characters that I did not type.  For instance, when I type one character, three will default, which makes my password much longer than it is, and therefore useless as far as access is concerned.  I wish I could explain it better. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Lost my network lock!

Message 2 of 3
(496 Views)

The extra characters are a security feature. Just ignore them and type your password as normal.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 2 of 3
(497 Views)

The extra characters are a security feature. Just ignore them and type your password as normal.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 3
(442 Views)
Hi Telcoguru,

I apologize for not replying sooner. I called Verizon for assistance and was able to get my network lock back. In the meantime, I ordered a new router as well because mine is old. I'm also embarrassed to say that the reason why I kept getting the extra characters when entering my password to access my router, is because I typed in the incorrect IP address. DUH!! lol! Once I figured out my error, I was able to do what I needed to do.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.