Lost my network lock!
Fuzzynavil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everybody!

I downloaded In-House Agent to change the password on my router, and when I did so, I lost my network lock.

I have an Actiontec MI424-WR WEP exncryption.  I received an email from Verizon to change my security to WPA2, but it didn't give me the option of doing so.  I thought that by changing my WEP KEY Password, it would suffice,  Guess not.  I guess it goes without saying, that I am a novice at this sort of thing.

Should I just go back in and put the information in that I had before, or what?

Another thing: when I try to type in my user name and password (to get into the router) everytime I type the password, it keeps adding characters that I did not type.  For instance, when I type one character, three will default, which makes my password much longer than it is, and therefore useless as far as access is concerned.  I wish I could explain it better. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost my network lock!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The extra characters are a security feature. Just ignore them and type your password as normal.

View solution in original post

Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

The extra characters are a security feature. Just ignore them and type your password as normal.

Fuzzynavil
Enthusiast - Level 1
Hi Telcoguru,

I apologize for not replying sooner. I called Verizon for assistance and was able to get my network lock back. In the meantime, I ordered a new router as well because mine is old. I'm also embarrassed to say that the reason why I kept getting the extra characters when entering my password to access my router, is because I typed in the incorrect IP address. DUH!! lol! Once I figured out my error, I was able to do what I needed to do.

Thank you for replying. I appreciate it.
0 Likes