Lost my router password
glbracer
Enthusiast - Level 1

The other day while I was bored I got on my router settings (Westell A90-750045-07) and changed my password to go to the settings. But now it won't work, I'm not even sure if I remember correctly. I thought I set to my last name and my little brother's first name. And I really need to get on it to set up a Minecraft Server. HELP!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost my router password
lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Do a hard restart by using a pencil on a small button on the back of the router,you will need to hold the button for about 7 seconds,this will reset the router back to default.

View solution in original post

lou611661
Contributor - Level 1

Do a hard restart by using a pencil on a small button on the back of the router,you will need to hold the button for about 7 seconds,this will reset the router back to default.

glbracer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, thanks.

peterj2

reset my router passwords lost them

0 Likes
obrienpoppy396

can u help me with my password i am trying to connect a kinle and cant log on (  to router) TO INTERNET

0 Likes
marieo

I don't remember ever having a password. Why do I need one now? I can't use my ipod because I don't have a password please help

0 Likes
fdcpa

Trying to use wifi9 at home with my new phone I enter what I believe to be the correct id but mysamsung phone says unable to authenticate, I can I verify I have th correct password

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is not what is normally called your router password.

The default security required to connect wireless is usually WEP security.  The newer routers set WPA2 as default, and it is actually recommended that you switch to WPA2 if possible.

The default WEP or the default WPA2 passkey or passphrase is listed on a sticker on your router.  You can also see the current values by logging on to your router and looking at wireless settings (wireless settings advanced settings and click on WPA2 for WPA2).  Recent FIOS TV IMG menu item also displays these settings.

0 Likes