Low ping, yet slow downloads?
Avants

I cannot figure this out...  over the past few weeks while playing on Xbox live I noticed a lot of times where my games would either find a new host or the lobby would drop all together.  I never had this problem before and MW2 and Halo 3 are some of the games I play there.

Over the past few days I noticed slower than normal page loads from websites.  I thought I would reboot router and wireless devices and check.  Still slow.

Ran several speed tests @ speedtest.net and I am getting, on average, 1.5 mbps UP AND DOWN... I pay for the 20/5 package.

Of course the Verizon speed test is averaging about 14 down and 3 up... which i think is a lie because all the speedtest.net pings are less than 20ms on average.

So what the hell is going on?  How can I have a decent ping (for FIOS) yet SLOW speeds?

I consider myself computer literate so if there is some commands i need to do let me know to provide more data...

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Low ping, yet slow downloads?
VZ_Ron
Contributor - Level 2

Hey Avants, did you try pressing and holding the reset button down while its power on for 20secs then let it go so the router can reset.  If you send me a private with the home phone number or name and state on the account so I can take a look at your network for you. 

0 Likes