Loyal Fios Customer feeling UNFAIR about GigaBit?
vzh101

Anyone feeling a bit unfair with the pricing Verizon offering to New Customer for the GigaBit for $79.99? 

I have 4 houses under Verizon Fios because I thought their services were great but when it comes to incentive for loyal customer suck! How am I going to pay $115 for the same thing the new customer is paying for $79.99? That's just bull!

0 Likes
Re: Loyal Fios Customer feeling UNFAIR about GigaBit?
undivide
Enthusiast - Level 2

its called an incentive for a reason.  they do this because they know people are too lazy to switch.  cell phone providers have been doing this forever.  best you can do is call up and tell them you're looking at switching because provider-x is offering promotion-y and you're already signed up to switch over at the end of the month unless they can offer a competetive rate.  

I do this ONCE a year and I have been back and forth between comcast and verizon 3 times already.  I have never paid verizon more than 40 a month and comcast 50 a month. Internet only, no TV, no rental fees as I own my equipment.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The price point is $69.99 for gigabyte internet only.

$74.99 for internet and TV, and $79.99 for internet, tv & phone. Except for internet only there are additional taxes and fees thrown in.

considering the old price for speeds above 150/150 were in the hundreds of dollars this price you were given was a bargain.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Man. I pay Spectrum $105/m for 120Mbps down, 10Mbps up for JUST Internet. And Verizon gets $45/m for 7.1Mbps down, 768kbps up DSL. The price you're getting for Gigabit is a real deal.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Smith6612 wrote:

Man. I pay Spectrum $105/m for 120Mbps down, 10Mbps up for JUST Internet. And Verizon gets $45/m for 7.1Mbps down, 768kbps up DSL. The price you're getting for Gigabit is a real deal.

Wow are you getting ripped. In my local 60/5 is $60 and 100/6 is $100 but the speeds change all the time. When I had 15/1 it was perfect for everything streaming and internet browsing, downloads etc. we only left because Time Warner promised a free upgrade to 100/6 and after being lied to for around 6 months past the due dates, then Spectrum came in and all bets were off. 

You should try and get better pricing. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I could get 100/10 for the $65/m but it would also put me in a position where if I need to upgrade back to their Ultra package (when they bump it to 300/20 after they turn off the analog channels in the near future) I would have to contest both the "Network Enhancement fee" they charge for upgrading to Ultra (I already paid them $200 one time to get Ultra...), and I would have to risk account codes not being applied, causing my modem to not provision anymore. There are people reporting issues with Ultra after making plan or pricing changes, and the only fix is to get an Arris TM1602AP2, which has the terrible Puma6 chipset. No customer owned modem will provision correctly right now.

Now if Verizon would make FiOS available to me by extending the lines another block, getting standalone Gigabit Internet would cost me half of what Spectrum charges me for 120/10 in the situation I'm in, and would still work out cheaper than Spectrum after the "new customer" discounts wear off.

0 Likes