Loyalty Penalized
SteveP2
Contributor - Level 2

Hello all,

I am a loyal FIOS TV and Internet customer in Rockland County, NY. I have 150 meg Internet and wanted to upgrade to the new gigabit service. First off the new service is not available in my area. I would love to know why when the town over has it. Second I was told 500 meg was the fastest offered to me, so I asked for a price. The price was $329 to upgrade!

Does anyone at Verizon understand how insane that it? You are offering gigabit service for $80 per month for new customers, yet your loyal customers are getting ripped off once again?

I think it is time that I move from Verizon FiOS. Yes your Internet service may be the fastest but there has to be a balance between price and speed. This is exactly why I moved from Verizon Wireless to T-Mobile recently. I do not need the fastest...I need a good price for performance, and Optimum can do that to my home. 

I am happy to discuss with anyone from Verizon but I am sure I will not receive a response. Very sad...

Steve

0 Likes
Re: Loyalty Penalized
jonjones1
Legend

@SteveP wrote:

Hello all,

I am a loyal FIOS TV and Internet customer in Rockland County, NY. I have 150 meg Internet and wanted to upgrade to the new gigabit service. First off the new service is not available in my area. I would love to know why when the town over has it. Second I was told 500 meg was the fastest offered to me, so I asked for a price. The price was $329 to upgrade!

Does anyone at Verizon understand how insane that it? You are offering gigabit service for $80 per month for new customers, yet your loyal customers are getting ripped off once again?

I think it is time that I move from Verizon FiOS. Yes your Internet service may be the fastest but there has to be a balance between price and speed. This is exactly why I moved from Verizon Wireless to T-Mobile recently. I do not need the fastest...I need a good price for performance, and Optimum can do that to my home. 

I am happy to discuss with anyone from Verizon but I am sure I will not receive a response. Very sad...

Steve

I wish I didn't have to break your heart but posting here is a customer helping customers forum.

1-800-VERIZON is where you should speak of your concerns.

the Gigabyte speeds like fios itself is not available everywhere.

the price for the new Gigabyte speed with or without a tv or phone package is $69.99 for NEW SUBSCRIBERS. However you could first check the fios portal and see via say putting in an address in your neighborhood to see if Gigabyte is offered.

if it is you could put the new service in your wife's, girlfriend, child or close friends name as a new customer.

the deal for Gigabyte with tv and phone show as $79.99 plus tax and surcharges so about $84 a month again for new customers. Not existing ones. 

Or you could cancel and sign on as a new customer after 30 days to get new customer pricing.

Good Luck 

0 Likes