Loyalty Rewarded? Fairness?
TheMalks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am dismayed. I recently signed up for FIOS Internet only at 75/75 for $64.99 / month on 9/2/15. I just found out that 150/150 is being offered at the same price (only 29 days later). I contacted customer service to see if there was something that could be done and was told there was nothing that could be done. I've been a LOYAL Verizon customer for over 15 years (and they're been very good to me), but when I argued fairness and options I was told there was nothing that could be done. I understand that service reps are limited in what they can (and will) do, but is this fair when signing up for a new 2 year committment? I'm not unhappy with the service, I'm just not happy getting half the speed of someone signing up for the same price today that I signed up for less than a month ago.

-David

0 Likes
Re: Loyalty Rewarded? Fairness?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where was the ad for 150/150 at that price and what were the restrictions?

0 Likes
TheMalks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was no ad. I did a search for FIOS Internet, punched in my address, and it came up as an option. My neighbor told me about it initially. No restrictions other than completing a new 2-yr contract. 

0 Likes
TheMalks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like this guy is having a similar issue (albeit he's a NEW customer), yet he gets an immediate response from a Moderator.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/FIOS-150-150-Plan-Pricing/td-p/802998

I signed up on 9/2 for 75/75 @ $64.99 / month and less than 25 days later (earliest evidence of this offer that I could find) they offer 150/150 for the same price and nothing can be done to help me out? A loyal Verizon customer that just committed to his 8th two-year plan? If they didn't have the best internet in town, I'd certainly rethink my loyalties, but I have to stick with Verizon out of necessity.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TheMalks wrote:

There was no ad. I did a search for FIOS Internet, punched in my address, and it came up as an option. My neighbor told me about it initially. No restrictions other than completing a new 2-yr contract. 

Yes, I see the same when I checked my address.  Pity I still have 8 month on contract at 75/75 for $40

0 Likes