Loyalty Rewarded? Fairness?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Loyalty Rewarded? Fairness?

Message 1 of 5
(833 Views)

I am dismayed. I recently signed up for FIOS Internet only at 75/75 for $64.99 / month on 9/2/15. I just found out that 150/150 is being offered at the same price (only 29 days later). I contacted customer service to see if there was something that could be done and was told there was nothing that could be done. I've been a LOYAL Verizon customer for over 15 years (and they're been very good to me), but when I argued fairness and options I was told there was nothing that could be done. I understand that service reps are limited in what they can (and will) do, but is this fair when signing up for a new 2 year committment? I'm not unhappy with the service, I'm just not happy getting half the speed of someone signing up for the same price today that I signed up for less than a month ago.

-David

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Loyalty Rewarded? Fairness?

Message 2 of 5
(802 Views)

Where was the ad for 150/150 at that price and what were the restrictions?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 5
(788 Views)

There was no ad. I did a search for FIOS Internet, punched in my address, and it came up as an option. My neighbor told me about it initially. No restrictions other than completing a new 2-yr contract. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 5
(738 Views)

Looks like this guy is having a similar issue (albeit he's a NEW customer), yet he gets an immediate response from a Moderator.

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/FIOS-150-150-Plan-Pricing/td-p/802998

I signed up on 9/2 for 75/75 @ $64.99 / month and less than 25 days later (earliest evidence of this offer that I could find) they offer 150/150 for the same price and nothing can be done to help me out? A loyal Verizon customer that just committed to his 8th two-year plan? If they didn't have the best internet in town, I'd certainly rethink my loyalties, but I have to stick with Verizon out of necessity.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 5
(704 Views)

@TheMalks wrote:

There was no ad. I did a search for FIOS Internet, punched in my address, and it came up as an option. My neighbor told me about it initially. No restrictions other than completing a new 2-yr contract. 

Yes, I see the same when I checked my address.  Pity I still have 8 month on contract at 75/75 for $40

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.