Message 1 of 2
(694 Views)

I have a MI424-W.  

It does not support Wireless N.

Version: 4.0.16.1.56.0.10.14.4

Release Date: Jan 20 2011

Platform: MI424-WR

Hardware Version: 9A

I went to the verizon site and downloaded the latest firmare to see if that enabled wireless N but he firmware on the site is even lower than i have! **bleep**

4.0.16.1.56.0.10.11.6!

Assuming the router i have therefore will never support Wireless N.  Will verizon replace the router if asked?

1 REPLY 1
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 2
(688 Views)

Are you running a Rev. A ActionTec as mentioned by the statistics you gave? The Rev. A is a dinosaur and I would suggest retiring it (keeping it as a spare) not because it doesn't support Wireless N but due to the lack of WPA2 security on that router for the Wireless.

Either way, if you ask Verizon for a new router, what you get is a gamble. You can request a Rev. G or Rev. I ActionTec but there is absolutely no guarantee they will send you one of those. It's ultimately what they have in the storeroom. At random a router will be selected, and this can be anything from a Rev. C to a Rev. F most likely, or a Westell 9100EM. Only the Rev. F in that list is capable of Wireless N, Draft N at best.

Verizon does sell an MI424WR Rev. I, but at a price (I think it's around $120?). You're best getting a cheap Wireless N Access Point (they run for $30) and hooking it to your ActionTec to be honest. Less hair pulling and less issues.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.