quick menu

MI424WR Actiontec cannot delete port forwarding rules

MI424WR Actiontec cannot delete port forwarding rules

Contributor linuxUberWin
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(248 Views)

On my generation I (!!) actiontec I cannot delete rules that are allowing intrusions into my network.  The "delete" column does not have a checkbox next to these rules.   Is there a special login that would allow me to delete these rules????

4 REPLIES
Bronze Contributor II Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II
Message 2 of 5
(244 Views)

Some rules are for FiOS troubleshooting and others are for the FiOS STBs and they cannot be deleted. 

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 3 of 5
(229 Views)

Also, be sure to disable UPnP, but keep UPnP Rule Clean-up enabled. This setting can be found under the Advanced router settings. UPnP will automatically port forward when applications request inbound port access, and these rules are not easy to delete without rebooting the router.

Contributor linuxUberWin
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(220 Views)

thanks for the replies.  First of all, all UPnP is disabled.   Second, the rules allow high ports into my /24, there would not be any reason why Verizon would forward those connections.

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 5 of 5
(119 Views)

Which ports are forwarded anyways?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios