Switch Account

MI424WR-GEN3I Firmware Question

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

MI424WR-GEN3I Firmware Question

Message 1 of 3
(3,416 Views)

The latest firmware listed is from 2014, and I see in the router logs that it checks every day for an update (and has been doing so for a long long time) saying the check failed, and I traced that because the url info shows no such page exists on the actiontec site.  The FAQ's from Actiontec say the ISP (verizon) would provide any firmware updates, but as I started out saying, THERE HAVEN'T BEEN ANY SINCE 2014. IS THAT THE LATEST for this router??????

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor V Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: MI424WR-GEN3I Firmware Question

Message 2 of 3
(3,371 Views)

My Firmware Version  40.21.18

Router working OK for me.

Tom
QIP 7100 1,Bose SOLO,QIP 7216 P2, iPad 2 WiFi,iPhone SE
Silver Contributor V Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V

Re: MI424WR-GEN3I Firmware Question

Message 3 of 3
(3,357 Views)

My firmware is also 40.21.18 as well. (My unit seems like its running fine, but at the moment its just configured to be a MoCA bridge, not my actual firewall)

Given that the G1100 is the new standard router now that Verizon gives, I doubt there will be any updates to the older MI424WR models. In fact here in my area Verizon has been swapping out the MI424WR models for their G1100, seems their trying to replace them all together.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.