MI424WR Port Forwarding Is driving me insane
bengibbard13

Hello,

I recently wanted to play some games with some friends over hamachi and normally hamachi works but sometimes it still needs you to portforward to connect to a friend.  We received a new router in the mail a while back and I never switched it but my brother did and now I am stuck with this nightmare.

All I want to do, is to be able to open a port TCP or UDP at anytime but sadly this router is preventing me from doing such. Lets use 7777 as the port I want open; I go to the port forwarding page and open that and then I check it with a port checker like http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ and I still get a closed PORT.

-Windows firewall is completly off (for the sake of making sure it is not interfering)
-I do not have two routers ( I know of the problem with two routers)

-I am on a Dynamic IP not a Static but that should not matter as long as the IP address does not change (which it hasn't) and even if it did change I would just change the IP from the port forwarding menu. ( I highly doubt being on dynamic is the problem)

-I have also tried to DMZ my IP and it is still blocking my ports
-I have done a factory Reset on the router (Nothing changed)

-I called actiontec and they told me "Sir, please DMZ your ip address and your problem should be solved" I wanted to pull my hair out at how ignorant these people are when I clearly explain to them that I have done all the steps they wanted me to do (which all they did was direct me toward the port forwarding page and told me to do what I have already done for the past 10 years..... PORT FORWARD)

Windows 7 Ultimate
Firmware: 40.21.10.2
Model :MI424WR-GEN3I

Thank you for any help given, at this point I might just buy a new router but I am unsure if that is allowed with verizon?
Maybe I am stuck in Port Forwarding Hell.

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Port Forwarding Is driving me insane
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Port forwarding does work with the Actiontec, but it is not the most intuitive.

Be sure you specify "ANY" for source port, otherwise it will not work.

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR Port Forwarding Is driving me insane
bengibbard13

I attached an image but due to policy and terms of showing my IP address, the image won't show.
The image attached shows that my ports are forwarded and that they are on 'ANY'
It shows my IP adress on run > cmd > ip config 

Any help would be appreciated. I am open to any ideas

0 Likes