MI424WR Router Question

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

MI424WR Router Question

Message 1 of 3
(570 Views)

Does this router work with the 50/50 speed. I did a speed ckeck on 7 different and can get no better then 22/20mbs.

Is this a router problem or is VZ puposly slowing it down. I am Paying for Quantum 50/50.

Any Thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: MI424WR Router Question

Message 2 of 3
(564 Views)

Which hardware revision of the MI424-WR?  You ddidn't specify.  There have been seven different hardware revisions.

Connecting wired or wireless?  Again you don't specify.

The fact that you are getting 20/22 strongly mplies you're connecting via 802.11g.  20/20 is about normal for versions of the MI424-WR that only support 802.11g (rev. A-E).

If you have a rev. F or rev. I, are you sure your devices are capable of 802.11n?  You need devices capable of 802.11n to get better than 20/20 wirelessly.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: MI424WR Router Question

Message 3 of 3
(550 Views)

As Anti-Phish says, it will be helpful to know what version of router you have.

You should also tell us if you're testing over WiFi or a wired connection.  WiFi speeds are not guaranteed.  For best results, you need to use a wired connection.

For the record, I routinely pull 60Mbps(*) from my Actiontec Rev I. over Ethernet.  My WiFi speeds vary depending on the device and distance from the router.  I have to run 802.11n/g "compatibility mode" as I have some "g" only devices.  This slows my WiFi down a bit.

(*) I get 60Mbps because I have the 50/50 plan and TV.  Verizon gives TV users an extra 10Mbps to cover on-demand bandwidth.

Good Luck.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.