MI424WR configuration
Pete755

It doesn't seem as though I can change the default IP address, unless I am mistaken.

Is there anyway to prevent wireless users from accessing the administration screen of the MI424WR?  I can restrict that via my WRT64G, but not the FIOS router.

Thanks

Peter

0 Likes
Re: MI424WR configuration
mrags2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you're referring to changing the IP of router from 192.168.1.1 then yes it can be done. Log into the router>>>my computer>>>network connections>>>Network Home/office>>>>Settings>>>>and you will IP address about half way down the page with boxes can be edited.

As far as your second question, I do not believe there is a way to restrict any computer connected to router from accessing log in screen.

mrags2000
Enthusiast - Level 3

One last note, If you have TV service then you shouldn't be changing the IP of the router because you STB's require and IP address of 192.168.1.100-150 for the IMG.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Pete755 wrote:

It doesn't seem as though I can change the default IP address, unless I am mistaken.

Is there anyway to prevent wireless users from accessing the administration screen of the MI424WR?  I can restrict that via my WRT64G, but not the FIOS router.

Thanks

Peter

2nd question

Change the default login in and password to something only you know.

If you're worried about ad hoc wireless users getting to the login screen change the default security from WEP to WPA/2 and make a complex coode.

0 Likes