Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

MI9100EM Router and WPS support

cse709
Contributor
Contributor

MI9100EM Router and WPS support

Message 1 of 7
(1,039 Views)

Like others, I am trying to attach a WPS enabled printer to my network.  How do I enter the PIN into the router settings, if the router does not support WPS?

6 REPLIES 6
walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Re: MI9100EM Router and WPS support

Message 2 of 7
(997 Views)

Since the router does not support WPS setup, you will have to enter the SSID and security key manually.

This is the preferred method because WPS setup is not very secure.

cse709
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 7
(992 Views)

Thanks for the advice.  It appears the my HP printer does not offer the option to enter the SSID.  The printer is asking me to enter a pin generted by the printer into the router settings.  I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

walt178
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II

Message 4 of 7
(984 Views)

What model HP printer do you have?  I've had several HP printers and may be able to find some info on it.

cse709
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 7
(981 Views)

My printer is a new Officejet 4620 (4 in 1)

cse709
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 7
(956 Views)

I was able to enable the connection by uninstaling the printer from my computer and reinstalling using the wireless connection option.  Then I reconnected using the USB cable.  Now I have the best of both worlds.  Thanks for your encouragement and advice.

Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 7 of 7
(897 Views)

@cse709 wrote:

I was able to enable the connection by uninstaling the printer from my computer and reinstalling using the wireless connection option.  Then I reconnected using the USB cable.  Now I have the best of both worlds.  Thanks for your encouragement and advice.

This. To simplify the solution for others reading, devices without a manual way to enter manual wireless settings on the device typically have software or a web interface reachable while wired into the printer that can be used. Definitely look over the user guide for your device in these circumstances. There's always a section dedicated exclusively for such questions.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title