Re: MOCA connection issue since fios one box
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try switching the FiOS ONE mini's to WiFi and unplug them from coax.  Let us know if the problem persists.

Not applicable

Thank you so much for the idea. I have been online with no blips since 1030am, it is now almost 2Pm. 

Thanks for saving me money!

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ok. As I said earlier, it is sort of a layer 2 looping. I see some Verizon/Actiontec devices support Spanning Tree Protocol (more specifically ECB5240M) to support redundant links and loop prevention. FiOS One TV box is not made by Actiontec I believe. If you want MoCA connection, I suggest you to manually disable WiFi for stability. I don't have a FiOS One, so I cannot give you the steps to do so.

I wish Verizon can create emulators for different devices' configuration pages, so we as users can help each other more efficiently.

Not applicable

Thanks. All is good with the minis on the wifi now my MOCA works as it was before. Just have to go and grab all the coax cables and hide them so no one plugs the tvs in.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad that worked!

Looks like there is an incompatibility between MoCA in the FiOS Network adapter an the FiOS ONE minis.  You could open a support case with Verizon to try and figure it out.  If you want to do that, start here: https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect.  They are much more helpful than the front line support reps.

If you just want to move forward now that everything is working, I get that.