MOCA wifi extenders (WCB6200Q) not working with Netgear router; Quantum G1100 retained for FIOS TV
iLovePho

I purchased a Netgear XR500 router to be used as my primary router since the 5ghz on my Verizon supplied Quantum G1100 router no longer works. By reading the "Using your own router with Verizon FIOS" post, I was able to get the Netgear working just fine (wifi and all) and retained my G1100 since I also had FIOS TV.

However, I was not able to get my two MOCA wifi extenders working. I got as far as syncing them to the Netgear, so they were able to use the same SSID login and password, but when I connected, I had no internet; websites were NOT loading. The Netgear, G1100, and ONT are all in the basement while the 2 wifi extenders are on the second floor.

What can be the problem? My setup is below.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MOCA wifi extenders (WCB6200Q) not working with Netgear router; Quantum G1100 retained for FIOS
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was also thinking make sure your disable wifi on the G1100 or the WCB's will clone the G1100's wifi again. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: MOCA wifi extenders (WCB6200Q) not working with Netgear router; Quantum G1100 retained for FIOS
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't see the picture yet but if connecting them the the netgear directly it has to be with ethernet. But if they connect to the G1100 make sure that the coax lines the extenders are connected to are wired in the main coax splitter in basement. Also make sure the G1100 is also connected to the same splitter. If wired correctly there should be a coax lan light on the back of the G1100. And there will also be a coax light on the extenders upstairs as well. 

0 Likes
iLovePho

It’s connected via coaxial to the G1100. The extenders are both showing coaxial led on, as they should since they worked just fine with the G1100 router, when the Verizon tech originally installed. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Connect to the G1100 with ethernet and see if you can get out to the internet. Its is possible that you Netgear and your G1100 have the same IP address of 192.168.1.1 which is most likely why your extenders are not working. You have to change the IP of one of them to something else. Like 192.168.2.1. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think I am missing something.

You stated you are using the Netgear because your wuantum gateay didn't work.

But then you are trying to use the Quantum Gateway as a Moca bridge?

What didn't work with QG?

0 Likes
iLovePho

The 5ghz on the Quantum G1100 router no longer works, that's why I purchased a Netgear router to be my primary router. I'm forced to retain the Quantum G1100 because I also have FIOS TV.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was also thinking make sure your disable wifi on the G1100 or the WCB's will clone the G1100's wifi again. 

0 Likes
SpacewalkerG

This was awhile ago. But did you get it working? What was the culprit ?

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please start a new topic, thanks.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes