Mac filtering on my router
porcelncup

I am trying to set up my wireless printer to my router and I keep getting the message that Mac address filtering may be enabled on my router How can I get to my routers permitted devices?

0 Likes
Re: Mac filtering on my router
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Thats a pretty generic message. You probably dont have mac filtering set up. That message just means that the printer is unable to communicate with the router.

More than likely this is due to the security code being entered incorrectly or for the printer to have the wrong security settings.

Now assuming that you do not have any personal settings/configurations on the router, the easiest thing to do is simply reset the router. Press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds. Then once the router comes back up it will bring it back to defaults. This will undo any mac filtering that may be on the router. Then make sure that your entering the WEP key info correctly. This should be on a sticker on the side of the router.

If this doesnt work, you may need to change the security type from WEP to WPA, some wireless devices just work better with the other style. If the reset doesnt work. just let us know and we can help with changing the security and see if that helps.