Macbook keeps disconnecting from FiOS wifi
pghkatrina1

I have FiOS set up with an Airport Express. The network itself works fine. But I'm having a problem that my Macbook keeps forgetting the FiOS password. I then have to re-enter it, even though I have the password saved to my system. Sometimes the Macbook will then say that the password is incorrect, despite copy and pasting it, and I'll have to wait several minutes before being able to reconnect. 

I don't know why this is happening but its occurring on a regular basis. However, I don't have this problem with my iPhone. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something I need to change that will fix this? Thanks.

I'm running Yosemite 10.10.2, on a Macbook Pro 2011, and have the Actiontec router for FiOS. 

0 Likes
Re: Macbook keeps disconnecting from FiOS wifi
GuardianHope
Enthusiast - Level 3

It may not nesscarily be your Airport Extreme.

It is currently well documented that that the OS X 10.10.x line is having trouble with WiFi on universally every Macbook (simple Google search should bring up a number of results).

Until Apple fixes it the best I can tell you is that when the WiFi connection drops simply put your Macbook to sleep via Apple Logo -> Sleep and wait about 10-15 seconds before waking it up.

Should solve your problem in the interim 🙂

0 Likes
Re: Macbook keeps disconnecting from FiOS wifi
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Try changing the wifi channel in the router from AUTO to channel 6 and check the box to keep the settings during a reboot and save the settings.

0 Likes