Major Area Issues - Intermittent Connection Loss
MyNameIsJeff1

My neighbors and I have been having major issues with our internet connections dropping. We have all had techs out and have gotten excuses ranging from our routers are bad to "it's a known issue in the area". New routers do not fix the issue and it is intermittent throughout the day, so tech visits are virtually useless.

We all have the same issue, regardless of hardware: about once an hour our internet slows to under 5 mbps, then drops completely for a minute or two, then returns. I have a third-party router and the logs show nothing strange. Other neighbors have new Verizon routers and have the same issue.

Has anybody experienced anything like this before and solved the issue? My contract is up and I'm seriously debating going back to Comcast (never thought I'd say that).

0 Likes
Re: Major Area Issues - Intermittent Connection Loss
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi MyNameIsJeff,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes