Major download speed issues as of 2 days ago
Kkeevv
Enthusiast - Level 2

As the subject line says, as of a couple days ago my download speed dropped to 40KB/s.  Before then, it was around 1MB/s.  Using speedtest, it said I had 26 ms ping, 1.2-ish mbps download, and 3.32 upload speed.  I'm 100% sure our internet plan does not consist of lower download than upload speed, so does anyone have any idea if there's anything I could do about this?  I mean, I can't even load a low quality youtube video while watching it at this speed, and that's just pathetic.

0 Likes
Re: Major download speed issues as of 2 days ago
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Please post the Transceiver Statistics from your modem.

#2 If you don't know how to get them:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a seperate router: What is the brand and model of it?

0 Likes
Kkeevv
Enthusiast - Level 2

ultraline series3 model 9100em

I seriously doubt it's the router though because if that was the case, my upload speed and ping would be bad as well.  Instead it's just my download speed.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I used google to look up ultraline series3 9100em

One of the first results that came back was

http://onlinehelp.verizon.net/consumer/bin/pdf/Vz9100EM_user_guide.pdf

and by looking at it, I have to ask:

Are you on FIOS?

0 Likes
Kkeevv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Umm...yes.  I suppose that means I'm on the wrong forum.  tbh I didn't even think about it.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Kkeevv wrote:

Umm...yes.  I suppose that means I'm on the wrong forum.  tbh I didn't even think about it.

You're on the right forum. The Westell 9100EM is a router provided with FiOS service. Is this problem still occurring? I know there have been some issues especially around the Tampa Bay area which have reduced speeds, but reports are coming in that those issues should now be on their way to becoming resolved.

Have you tried the typical procedure of rebooting your ONT and resetting your router to factory defaults?

0 Likes