Re: Many websites load painfully slow
gmanhq

I was kind of hoping someone from Verizon would see this and do just that! 🙂

Would you recommend I just call the generic support # and talk to someone who will just give me the standard "unplug your router, wait 30 seconds, and all fixed" standard answer?  I just find the standard support # to be for the most basic of problems.

Advice on how to get a real verizon support tech to help on this appreciated.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Verizon Community Forums is where customers help other customers.  
If you need assistance for specific Verizon account issues, please contact us.

for trouble like this, I find front line support less helpful, and the online twitter support more helpful.  if you have twitter I would DM them 

gmanhq

Thanks..

I noticed multiple verizon support twitter accounts.

I did tweet them @VerizonSupport but no response.  If that is the best twitter handle to use I will direct message them.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

yeah, http://twitter.com/verizonsupport is the one I have seen used a lot.    

0 Likes
gmanhq

Thanks.  I followed them, awaiting them to follow me back so I can DM them..

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

0 Likes
jk1112
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is NOT solved.  It is plaguing the entire Northeast.  A verizon network tech needs to get in touch with people on here and get data to fix this issue.  I will be switching providers soon if this issue is not fixed.

0 Likes
gmanhq

For me the problem was resolved by Verizon, here is what they did:

Looked like the ONT was having an issue routing traffic. We reset the DHCP lease and the ONT itself to clear out any errors....

FYI to Verizon staff who left me a post in this thread.  I don't know how to see any messages so couldn't respond but yes its OK.  On twitter DM I was asked to only respond in DM if there was no more issues.

0 Likes
JRichards2

Disabling IP6 support on the G3100 router solved this issue for me. Everything is lightning fast now.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

No. You should disable IPv6 on individual devices. Turning off IPv6 at the router would deny you access to a part of the Internet.

0 Likes