Massive Packet Loss
Maywum
Enthusiast - Level 2

So about two weeks ago now, random packet loss has been tormenting my internet connection randomly. Doing a couple trace routes shows that the culprit is NTT Communications. So why have I been told by two seperate customer support people that its beyond their control and its just "the flow of the internet". That isn't true

Verizon FiOS should be in contact with NTT Communications if there are multiple customers getting this problem, which im suspecting to be the case. This issue has been the only major issue ive had with verizon in over the 7 years we've had FiOS. I'm looking to see if other people are having similar issues with packet loss if they pass through an NTT hub.

I'm routing through LA so for other people it might not be much of an issue, but im getting about 60% packet loss which lowers my 100/100 internet speeds to well under 1mb down and .5 up.

What is even stranger is that the issue lasts for about 25 minutes straight and then instantly fixes itself. 

0 Likes
Re: Massive Packet Loss
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon isn't responsible for issues in other provider's networks.

And unless it is on the interconnect between them (and not a guarantee there) they typically don't get involved.

0 Likes