Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Max speed for highrise building

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Max speed for highrise building

Message 1 of 3
(752 Views)

I live in a highrise condo building. We've had FiOS for several years now. The system utilizes our existing coax cable network. My internet speeds are essentially 25/5. Is this limited by the network? Or is it a matter of the installed FiOS equipment? i.e. is it possible to get faster speeds than I am currently getting? Paying $150/mo for the UltimateHD/internet/landline phone bundle.

2 REPLIES 2
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Max speed for highrise building

Message 2 of 3
(716 Views)

@glennauve wrote:

I live in a highrise condo building. We've had FiOS for several years now. The system utilizes our existing coax cable network. My internet speeds are essentially 25/5. Is this limited by the network? Or is it a matter of the installed FiOS equipment? i.e. is it possible to get faster speeds than I am currently getting? Paying $150/mo for the UltimateHD/internet/landline phone bundle.

What speed is the internet portion you signed up for, I'm assuming it's 75/75.  Is that speed you are quoting wired or wifi?

If you're paying for 75/75 then that is the speed you should be getting, in actuallity more like 85/80

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Max speed for highrise building

Message 3 of 3
(715 Views)

Thinking about it.  As you are in a multiple dwelling building I would guess that you are on a VDSL connection from a central MDU and if so there will be speed issues see

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Just-want-to-make-sure-FIOS-VDSL-is-as-bad-as-it-seems/t...

The general consenus appears to say the maximum you will get on a good day is 30/5 and depending on the phone wire connection bring in th DSL signal it may be worse.

Does your router have a coax and a twisted pair connection ?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.