Re: May be wrong forum but how do I portforward?
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

What do you mean by "no loner act as a router"? I want the wireless of my netgear because its speed is better than the actiontec wireless but I need to open my ports to make my game not have a high ping.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

Should work with no issues using your original setup with the double nat - a lan port of the VZ router connected to the wan port of the netgear.

Make the netgear router a static ip address on the VZ router.

make the destination game machine a static ip address on the netgear router'

port forward the game port on the VZ router to the static ip address for the netgear router

port forward the game port on the netgear router to the static ip address for the game machine.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@skyliner34 wrote:

What do you mean by "no loner act as a router"? I want the wireless of my netgear because its speed is better than the actiontec wireless but I need to open my ports to make my game not have a high ping.

It will act as a switch and wireless will work, but all ip addresses are assigned by the Actiontec rather than your netgear being on a seperate network/subnetwork and assigning the addresses.

0 Likes
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have like a video tutorial I can follow I am not getting this even though I did try the wireless AP mode on my netgear router.

0 Likes
Multiple Routers And FiOS
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@skyliner34 wrote:

Do you have like a video tutorial I can follow I am not getting this even though I did try the wireless AP mode on my netgear router.

Have you studied these pages (particularly Section 3.0 on networking configurations and router settings)?  Your study will be well rewarded.

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Routers And FiOS
skyliner34
Contributor - Level 2

Port is opened but what happens to the guest network? I can access my router login of my negear from my guest network but before I couldn't on a guest network when it wasn't a wireless ap.

0 Likes