Maybe the worst service in history?
Spent22

I have been a verizon customer for the past five years. I recently moved to the next town over and had all of my services transferred to my new location. I was told that everything would remain the same. I have now been in my new home for almost two months and I have had to call verizon five times to try and straighten out numerous problems with my account. Everytime I call my wait/hold times are over forty minutes. All of the representatives I speak with never seem to have any answers, always tell me the problem has been resolved, and then my service still doesn't work properly. The only thing I can count on with my verizon account is my bill, which averages over $200 a month, to arrive promptly. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I am the only one having all these problems with Verizon? Are there any other customers having similar problems with the lack of customer service and performance from a company that seems to get more and more expensive each month? I would love to hear from them. 

If you are sharing these cable company woes, are you aware that Xfinity has just about every package you can imagine at comparable rates? I've already spoken to them about transferring my accounts and so far I have not had to wait more than five minutes to speak to a representative. Thats just some food for thought. Or maybe verizon is just aiming so low that if your cable box comes on they've already exceeded your expectations? 

Que the "we've escalated your claim to a representative" monologue. 

0 Likes
Re: Maybe the worst service in history?
jonjones1
Legend

Well your not saying what the problems are with your Fios. By the way Fios uses ROUTERS and not MODEMS. So waiting for your modem to do this or that just isn't going to happen. 

Since you have not said a valid valid problem no one on a peer to peer help forum will be able to assist you.

0 Likes
MaybeComcast
Enthusiast - Level 3

If Verizon FiOS doesn't use a modem, then how do they convert signals between the optics of the WAN and the copper (coax/ethernet) LAN? Perhaps they use a modem with a built-in wireless router.  Before you go all **bleep**, be sure you know what you are talking about.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

FIOS uses APON/BPON technology, essentially ATM. This is not a modem based protocol. The upcoming EPON actually uses direct ethernet transmission. The ONT would be better compared to a multi-protocol bridge or multi-service access platform.

Please know what what you are talking about BEFORE you complain.

And if you need to know how it works a simple google search explains it, as would a call to Fios 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You haven't mentioned what type of problems you are experiencing.

I have found support via twitter to be quite helpful.

Not quite real time, but usually back fairly quickly.

So no waiting on the phone.

And if need be, they can start an interactive chat to help troubleshooting.

They can be reached at @verizonsupport.

frustratedm

I agree, trying to get anything fixed is a joke. They REALLY do not want to help you and their website might as well have been designed to keep you frustrated. As for the other replies to your post it is neither here nor there as to what your issue is.  You are absolutely right to complain. You pay for it. It's the fact that the support is either non existent or insufficient. Clearly they haven't had to deal with nonsense that your'e paying way too much money for. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

“Nether here nor there” you say?

first this a help forum for customers by customers. So complaining here is like not doing any good.

Yes we pay for service, and that gives us a right to complain to the support or billing unit. The original poster stated no problem. So hence no help.

0 Likes