Mayweather Fight Charged a second time in July to my account!
mk19711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been fighting Verizon for months about the fight.  I have screen shots with time stamps on my TV showing I was never able to see the fight.  I went back and forth with Verizon and they kept not resolving it.  I finally disputed this through myt credit card which refunded me the money because Verizon never responded to them either.  I thought the problem was over and was happy to be made whole (despite my dissatisfaction with the company's response).  

I just got my new bill and Verizon charged me again for the fight!

Based on the problems and errors that have been well documented regarding that fight, I cannot understand why Verizon is so obtuse on this issue and trying to force it's customers to pay for the company's terrible service/performance during the fight.  

Overall this is horrible customer service and probably illegal to charge people for services they never received.  

I think this is something the Attorney Generals of the states and the FCC should look into.  I can only imaging that this has happened to plenty of people and Verizon is just wearing them all down because $100 is not worth dealing with all the time/effort. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Mayweather Fight Charged a second time in July to my account!
mk19711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called after posting and got a very helpful representative who refunded the charge.  Exactly the customer service they should do - she inv estigated and just handled it rather than giving me the runaround.  Kudos to them for handling this quickly and appropriately today.  

View solution in original post

Re: Mayweather Fight Charged a second time in July to my account!
mk19711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Called after posting and got a very helpful representative who refunded the charge.  Exactly the customer service they should do - she inv estigated and just handled it rather than giving me the runaround.  Kudos to them for handling this quickly and appropriately today.