McAfee Internet Security
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
I downloaded the free McAfee Internet Security Program that Verizon supplies to FIOS customers and installed it. The app is asking me to sign in and I cannot figure out what the admin login name and password is (tried my Verizon Login and password but that does not work). Now I cannot get to most any web site. I also cannot uninstall the app without logging into the app. Please help me figure out the correct login information
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: McAfee Internet Security
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried my Verizon login and every other login that I could possibly think of. I called Verizon and the "tech" representative kept telling me that the problems was that I was not paying for the service. It took me over a half hour for the representative to figure out that the product was offered as a free download from the Verizon website. After about 45 minutes to an hour the representative finally got me in touch with McAfee and they gave me some uninstall directions and the software was finally removed. It would have been nice if the Verizon representative knew their own product offering. Explaining the exact steps I took to get the software from the Verizon site was just not good enough.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@NEIL13764 wrote:
I downloaded the free McAfee Internet Security Program that Verizon supplies to FIOS customers and installed it. The app is asking me to sign in and I cannot figure out what the admin login name and password is (tried my Verizon Login and password but that does not work). Now I cannot get to most any web site. I also cannot uninstall the app without logging into the app. Please help me figure out the correct login information

Try the login name and password to access your account. Not the login and password from your router.

call 1-800-Verizon and they should be able to assist if that does not work.

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried my Verizon login and every other login that I could possibly think of. I called Verizon and the "tech" representative kept telling me that the problems was that I was not paying for the service. It took me over a half hour for the representative to figure out that the product was offered as a free download from the Verizon website. After about 45 minutes to an hour the representative finally got me in touch with McAfee and they gave me some uninstall directions and the software was finally removed. It would have been nice if the Verizon representative knew their own product offering. Explaining the exact steps I took to get the software from the Verizon site was just not good enough.
0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@NEIL13764 wrote:

I cannot say this enough. McAffee is intrusive junk. Coupled with the fact that operating systems like Windows has free anti virus. I use a non intrusive program from Maylewarebytes which has never failed me.

sometimes we take total protection at the cost of speed, and the ability to go to web sites and to get personal email. Norton Symantec is another total protection suite which will make your system secure at the cost of using your computer.

glad I was able to help with the support suggestion.

0 Likes
thejudge1

I am having the exact same problem.  The FAmily Protection has locked down the computer so I want to remove it.  The problem is that I can't log into the Administrator Email & Password to get rid of the McAfee programs.  I cant get an uninstall code from McAfee. 

I wish I had never installed this so-called security suite. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@thejudge1 wrote:

I am having the exact same problem.  The FAmily Protection has locked down the computer so I want to remove it.  The problem is that I can't log into the Administrator Email & Password to get rid of the McAfee programs.  I cant get an uninstall code from McAfee. 

I wish I had never installed this so-called security suite. 

If you read this thread you can call 1-800-VERIZON and they can assist in removing the program. Or from the web

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1714086-how-to-remove-verizon-mcafee-family-protection

Or try the Mcafee web portal

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview;jsessionid=g50zElsPNmT8LZuPJ2oRnm7G9...

Good Luck

0 Likes