Modem broken?
girlymetalchick

For about a week now I've been getting not internet connection from my modem.  The light is a orangish color (or as I've been reading online, it's called "amber").. instead of green.  I've tried unplugging it, using a different coaxi cable, resetting it... nothing works.  Does this mean my modem is broken?  Will someone need to come and service or is this something Verizon and remotely fix over the phone?  I remember another cable company I had was able to detect the problem right over the phone using my account number.  I figured I would ask here before making the call so see if I could get any other suggestions to try.  I'm usually pretty good at fixing these kind of things but this time I'm stumped.

0 Likes
Re: Modem broken?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 Are you using a Wired or Wireless connection to this device?

#2 If you have FIOS: Is it only FIOS Internet OR something extra ( for example FIOS TV ) ?

tns
Master - Level 2

Technically its not a modem.  The equivalent functions of modem are done on the ONT(i.e converting signal from optical to IP).  Do you have other Fios services and are they working?

I would try logging in to the Router, and then there are a lot of different things with it you can try.  If those don't work try contacting FIOS,  They may well be able to reset whatever is causing the problem without sending anyone out.  Worse case the will have to roll someone out to check your system.

girlymetalchick

The router also works my TV and i haven't had a working DVR or tv listings since this went out.  I also tried using the In home client thing on my computer and that wont connect and hasnt for days.   I may as well just call.

0 Likes