Moved to a non-fios area, still charged an ETF
jellybean129

I am at my wits end with Verizon... I have been a loyal costumer for over 15 years and never had a problem until now. I started a contract with Verizon Fios internet in August and was told verbally and electronically that when I moved within the next several months, I would not be charged an ETF if I moved to a non-fios area. Well unfortunatley, I recently had to move to a non-fios area and was STILL charged an ETF because although Fios internet is not in my area, other verizon services are available. However, that is irrelevant to me. I should not be FORCED into keeping a different service I never had and never wanted because Verizon failed to bring my contracted service to my new location. Why am I being punished with a fee I was specifically told I would not have when I would have gladly kept the service if it was provided in my area? Verizon failed their end of the contract, not me. I have made several phone calls...each one got disconnected. I have used the live chat feature, which is rarely available, and been disconnected by its agents. No one is helping me to solve the issue. After years of being a loyal costumer, I cannot believe that Verizon not only lied to me several times, but is not waiving a fee of $127 when I have given them thousands of dollars over the years. If this issue is not fixed in a timely matter (being it has already been 2 weeks that I have tried to get someone to help me) I will be canceling my family wireless plan and will be telling all of my friends, family and colleagues to never sign with verizon for any of their services. This is ridiculous!!!

0 Likes
Re: Moved to a non-fios area, still charged an ETF
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Contract clearly states that you are obligated even if you move out of the area.

Yes it sucks that you were told that if you move out of the area, you wouldn't have to pay.

If you have it in an email, then you have a bit more of a case.

0 Likes
jellybean129

I'm reading through the contract and cannot find it. Can you please show me where it clearly states that so I can try and better understand? When signing the contract, a Verizon rep was fully aware of my situation and ensured me the ETF would not apply if my new address was in a non-fios internet area. I also have copies of live chats where I was told I would not be charged the ETF. I was never told of month-to-month plans which would have been helpful given my situation. This is a matter of principle and terrible, dishonest service more than anything else. 

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jellybean129,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes