Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Movies buffering during download

David42
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Movies buffering during download

Message 1 of 3
(676 Views)

I stream movies from Amazon and Netflix. Sometimes the movies pause repeatedly to buffer. Sometimes I get the message that the bandwidth is too slow. Clearly that must happen when too many people are on the node or something like that. At any rate I am not getting the speed for which I am paying. As my contract is up in a few months Verizon is sending me offers to lock in two or three more years. Why would I do that if I am not receiving the advertise service? Verizon needs to fix this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Smith6612
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Movies buffering during download

Message 2 of 3
(612 Views)

What speed package do you pay for?

Is anyone else trying to use the Internet when you are attempting to stream content within your home?

What is a speed test giving you during these problem periods?

David42
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Movies buffering during download

Message 3 of 3
(607 Views)

My package is 25Mbs. No one else in the home is using the Internet. Once, when I did a speed test the speed was down to 3Mbs. After that issue Verizon sent me the latest router/modem. Have had fewer problems with the new one. I have not checked the speed lately when the probem occurs. I did get the message (bandwidth too low) once. I have an Amazon Fire. Love it.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title