Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Moving Help!

TBourque
Contributor
Contributor

Moving Help!

Message 1 of 2
(371 Views)

I am moving out of state but I do not have my new address yet.  I will be staying with my in-laws for a few weeks until I find a new apartment.  What steps do I need to take?  I want to keep my FIOS service but I assume they don't want me to take all the equipment out of state with me.

1 REPLY 1
Anthony_VZ
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Re: Moving Help!

Message 2 of 2
(332 Views)

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about the uncertainty of your final destination. You can not put in a move order until you have an address you are moving to. There are 2 options you have regarding your FIOS service

1) Keep service turned on at your old address: You will keep it active at your current address and bring your equipment with you. When you finally determine your new address, you can call the sales/billing office to have the move order put into the system

2) Turn off service at your old address: You then have 30 days to return your equipment to Verizon. When you signup for service at your new address, then you will get all new equipment.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.